High Voltage is searching for a highly skilled Technical Artist to join our team. A successful candidate should have a broad knowledge of art creation for games. They should understand modeling, texturing and animation fundamentals. They should be able to combine geometry, materials, effects and Unreal Engine Blueprints to create complex art. They should be able to work with a large team supporting the more technical aspects of creating art.
- Create complex materials for characters, weapons and environments.
- Establish workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Work with engineers and artists to optimize content for many platforms.
- Manage multiple complex tasks
- Asset export and implementation into Unreal Engine
- Test and verify your work on target hardware
- Links to portfolio (required)
- Resume (required)
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game tech art.
- Good understanding of PBR principles and material editors
- Ability to pull many different asset types together to create art for a game.
- Experience modeling and using texturing packagers such as Substance Designer and Painter
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire to work with a team, supporting other content creators such as modelers, texture artists etc.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine art pipeline
- Experience working on multiple platforms
- Scripting experience Blueprint or other
- Shipped game title experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to take critique and art direction
- Passion for video games
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA and onsite in New Orleans, LA or Hoffman Estates, IL
Three (3) years of experience.
Multiple openings for this position.
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge for which you’ve been looking, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Only online artwork submissions are accepted.
Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.
All positions are located in either our offices in Hoffman Estates, IL or New Orleans, LA.
How can High Voltage supercharge your future?
High Voltage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.