Orlando Florida 32810 United States
1 day ago
Technical Artist (Rigging)
The Rigging Technical Artist (Rigging TA) is an effective liaison between artists and software engineers by developing solutions to assets, tools, and workflows that enable the desired visual result to be attained. As a contributor, understanding of real-time computation and bio-mechanics, as it relates to human anatomy, is a must for creating believable skin deformation and control systems. The Technical Artist will work as part of a team and coordinate with supervisors, lead artists, and directors to create, maintain, and deliver content to game teams.
What a Rigging TA does at EA:
- Design and implement complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
- Proactive in problem identification and developing and delivering solutions
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
The next great EA Rigging TA needs
- 3+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles and/or VFX/feature animation
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- Strong background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
- Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Document tools and processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area is highly preferred.