9 days ago
CCP London is looking for a Technical Artist to join our team to collaborate on the development of an unannounced online tactical sci-fi shooter set in the New Eden universe. We offer a supportive and trusting work environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth.
The successful candidate will be a Technical Artist who is a team player ready to make a big impact on our game. You will be hands on with gathering the requirements needed to support our Art Team and coming up with a plan before implementing the solution.
Your main goal is to provide the team with the support they need to make the game. We are looking for someone to contribute to our game and be a part of a highly motivated team working to build a varied and unique experience for players to enjoy.
- Technical Artists act as a bridge between Artists, Designers and Engineers
- They take ownership over a range of technical aspects for creating and optimising game content
- Their responsibilities include production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset integration, optimization and shader development
- At least 3+ years experience as a Technical Artist on Unreal Engine projects
- Extensive knowledge of modern game content creation pipeline (3D modelling, UV mapping, texturing, shading, lighting, FX, rigging and animation)
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Engine 5 systems and best practices, including Blueprints, Materials, Niagara and version control using Perforce
- Good understanding of how real-time 3D engines work, including Linear Algebra, Calculus and 3D mathematical concepts
- Methodical approach to work and strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of the UE5 world building pipeline using Nanite, Lumen and World Partition
- Knowledge of modern UE5 systems, including Modelling Tools, Geometry Script, Chaos Physics, Control Rig and Sequencer
- Shader programming experience in HLSL, GLSL or PSSL
- Experience with the Substance suite, Houdini and procedural workflows
- Experience with DCC packages including Maya, Blender, ZBrush and Photoshop
What we can offer you:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio)
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental (family)
- Quarterly and Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday