Irvine California 92618 United States of America
19 days ago
Job Title:Technical Artist
Technical Artist – Unannounced Project
Do you want to collaborate with world class artists, engineers, designers, and technical artists to help solve some of our most technically complex problems? Do you get excited about bringing your unique and diverse experiences which enable you to think in new and divergent ways? Do you want to help support the creation of the next great project from Blizzard?
If so, Blizzard is looking for you, a highly skilled, motivated, and proactive technical artist or senior technical artist to help us bring our worlds to life.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We will entrust you with
- Supporting content creators at every level, helping them debug problems, and finding creative solutions to technical issues.
- Teaming up with other technical artists to help develop world-class workflows and tools.
- Collaborating with engineering to optimize runtime performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Helping design the pipelines and workflows for all areas of art, including mesh, texture, rig, shaders, and animation.
- Becoming a communication bridge between art, design, engineering, and production.
You bring with you
- A strong technical mindset with experience bringing artistic visions to life.
- An understanding of Physically Based Rendering pipelines, workflows, and constraints.
- Experience debugging art and content.
- Experience in art workflow development.
- Strong technical problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of production-level art creation.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with procedural content creation tools, such as Substance Designer and Houdini.
- Familiarity writing tools in Python or C++ for DCC applications such as Maya, Photoshop, and Perforce.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, and our core values are real.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come help us bring the world together through epic entertainment!