9 days ago
Job Posting TitleTechnical Artist
SummaryOur Reno-based Biggest Little Studio is looking for a Technical Artist to create new games as well as modify existing legacy games. The Technical Artist will contribute meaningfully while gaining exposure to all facets of Aristocrat’s global business. You will meet great people and build a foundational understanding of the vast, complex, regulated environment in which we thrive.
As a Technical Artist you will be individually contributing for creating Aristocrat games for land-based casinos. This role requires in depth knowledge of art development technologies and platforms and demands skill in optimization and design efficiency in a multi-platform environment. This is an exciting challenge in an work environment that encourages quality output, high productivity and teamwork. Your management of and contribution to the directives of this role will allow the company to be a high performance environment and deliver a robust and exciting gaming experience to our customers.
What you'll do
- Participate in the full game art development lifecycle of our products.
- Create new games as well as modify existing legacy games ensuring the production of quality products to specified standards as defined by the requirement.
- Produce project and task estimates, schedules and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Provide assistance to software engineers / testers and support personnel as needed to identify problems with game software.
- Provide feedback regarding art considerations and usability issues concerning game software specifications and implementation.
- Conduct Game Analysis including requirements assessment and art reviews.
- Communicate with Software Engineers, management, team leads, and other technical artists.
- Perform essential functions of art development by utilizing industry standard tools and equipment.
- Encourage the artistic development of artists on staff through training and mentorship.
- Ensuring content is correctly implemented and complies with technical constraints required for optimal in-game performance
- All other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- Must have at least five years professional art development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the standard art development tools like Adobe CS Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator & After effects, 3DS Max / VRay, Perforce.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Fine Arts or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective inter-personal skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Strong ability to take visual concepts and produce required art.
- Broad working knowledge of technical issues in graphics, such as rendering, performance, streaming and memory management
- Extensive knowledge of platform constraints, understanding of software tools, and graphic production process.
- Able to give effective critiques and also take feedback & criticism.
- Ability to multi-task.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.