3 days ago
Play With Fire, a new studio part of Amber, focused on PC and Console original IPs, is seeking an experienced Technical Artist, working with Unreal Engine 4.
We are currently working on a new original IP third person puzzle platforming adventure game, set in a fantasy-rustic setting.
Play With Fire, seeks a skilled Technical Artist who will drive the creation of in-game assets, environments and assist the larger art team to deliver top-quality art within the game. This person will work closely with other Technical Artists, Environment Artists and Designers to improve existing pipelines and implement innovative solutions with complex technical art requirements. This person will be well versed in the game engine and content creation tools.
Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate and lead other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary with maximum autonomy.
- Strong Knowledge of UE4 and current 3D graphics techniques
- 3 to 5 year’s experience as a Technical Artist in game development
- Strong understanding of technical limits and excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Proficient in UE4 Shader Graph
- Knowledge of modelling, lighting, texturing/shading, rendering, in-game physics and special effects
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Experience with authoring tools such as Photoshop, Substance and 3d modeling software of choice
- Excellent communication skills and able to cooperate with team members. Willingness to provide and accept direction, and the ability to embrace change. Ability to collaborate productively with others.
- Excellent ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Must be able to buy into the established art vision of the game and ensure this delivered in its entirety at the end of the project
- Portfolio/Website demonstrating technical artistic ability that includes Unreal Based Work
- Knowledge of source control and file management
- Proficient in JIRA software, task and bug management is a plus
- Proficient in scription and/or programming in Blueprints, Python and/or C++ is a plus
- Working knowledge of Houdini is a plus
- Problem solve and determine out-of-the-box solutions for complex environment production requirements
- Utilize UE4 tools and 3D Software to implement and optimize 3D assets for the larger team
- Cooperate with the Game Director to understand and carry out the vision for the game
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established conventions within the team
- Interpret game vision into actionable technical design and execute it throughout development
- Apply a broad range of skills with PBR Materials and Shaders to assist in the creation of 3D environments
- Provide recurrent reviews to in-engine lighting scenarios and provide authoring to lighting settings, lightmap and asset authoring
- Provides documentation and mentors the content creation teams to fully take advantage of our tools and technology
- Provides support for content creators for tools and pipelines in the art department
- Creates sample content to prove out new workflows and demonstrate visual improvements
- Develops and presents new and emerging techniques while being open and generous in sharing advancements with the game development team
- Must have an activate, passionate interest in current video games and video game trends to help drive the game to the next level
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A diverse portfolio of projects in which you will be involved based on your skill set and desire for professional development
- An ideation team where you can bring your creative ideas which will be equally valued as your artistic expertise
- Great work environment, awesome people to work with