Technical Artist - XDefiant
7 days ago
As a Technical Artist, you’ll be part of the diverse Ubisoft San Francisco team. We embrace a variety of work situations based on what is best for the team, and we welcome people working in our SF office, remotely within the continental US, or some combination of the two. We put a priority on supporting our team members and what makes them happiest and most productive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish quick, efficient, and clear pipelines in collaboration with team leads, accounting for the artist's needs as well as technical requirements or other limitations
- Constantly striving for top visual quality and performance
- Work with Art Leads, Technical Directors, and QA to ensure that all art content conforms to technical requirements
- Profiling and optimization
- Produce and maintain documentation on tools, methods, processes, and engine limits for consultation and future reference
- Collaborate with all production teams to answer questions and solve complex technical and art-related issues, identify, and communicate risks, share feedback and best practices while maintaining a balance between creative vision and technical constraints
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Mid to senior level of experience and in working on Tech Art in a console or PC game development pipeline
- Scripting languages and programming concepts
- Industry standard DCC tools and workflows, both for 3D and 2D content
- Knowledge and experience working with Game editors and engines
- Knowledge and understanding of rendering pipelines
- Ability to profile, identify and address art production bottlenecks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation for technical and non-technical audience
- Being creative (original and resourceful in finding solutions)
- Great communication skills, and a proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate constructively with positivity and respect for others
- Ability to give and receive feedback and drive the iterative process
Learn more about XDefiant here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/xdefiant
Learn more about the Snowdrop engine here - https://www.ubisoft.com/snowdrop
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
MORE ABOUT US
Ubisoft is composed of over 21,000 talented people located in 45+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
We are committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
The San Francisco base salary range for this full-time position is $104,000 - $130,000. The base pay offered may vary based on a candidate’s geographic region, qualifications, skills and experience among other factors. Compensation details reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, stock options, or benefits.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters.