Technical Artist - User Interface (Frostbite)
7 days ago
Technical Artist - User Interface
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship amazing games.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA delivers games, content and online services for consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators. Your passion and expertise with the technical challenges of Game UI tools will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
- Use your technical expertise to guide development of Frostbite's UI tool set for creation of menu systems and user interfaces.
- Collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of Frostbite's UI creation tool and help steer the design of new features.
- Work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos, and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community.
- Collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite.
- Experience developing UI features from concept to live services
- Experience in node-based visual programming
- Experience with UX systems and methodologies
- Experience with motion graphics and animation of 2D interfaces
- Understanding of gaming platforms, their limitations, and requirements for UI solutions
- 2+ years of experience with AAA or mobile game development or Mobile App development
Bonus Points for:
- Background in graphic design or illustration
- Experience with After Effects
- Experience with 3D DCC tools and game engines
- Experience with shader graph systems
- Love of learning, experimenting with new ideas and discovering ways to improve production workflows
More about our studio: www.frostbite.com