Technical Artist, Unannounced Project
10 months ago
Job Title:Technical Artist, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, driven, and collaborative, technical artist to help define and support a 3D pipeline for an upcoming unannounced mobile project. We’re looking for someone with a high-level of experience designing and supporting 3D pipelines primarily within Maya and Unity.
What you will doing
On our team, a tech artist’s primary responsibilities are to support and improve the project’s modeling, animation and FX pipelines. You’ll be expected to collaborate with a small team of passionate artists and develop tools and techniques to support the creation of art for the project. The ability to creatively problem-solve and have an eye out for future roadblocks is essential. This is the perfect role for a good communicator—someone with a support-focused mindset who can effectively wrangle several stakeholders and tailor a solution that fits the project’s specific needs.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a tech artist in the video games industry.
- Excellent Python development skills and debugging techniques.
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience designing and maintaining character modeling, animation, and FX content creation pipelines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Service-oriented, support-focused.
- A passion for video games and gaming.
- Experience with the Unity game engine.
- Experience coding real-time shaders and HLSL.
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter.
- Experience with Maya API.
- Familiarity with generating and supporting User Interfaces in QT.
- Familiarity with Blizzard games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!