Technical Artist - Tools/Pipeline [Snowdrop]
12 days ago
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our Snowdrop™ team. In this role you will be working on the Snowdrop™ content pipeline; you will support our art teams using our in-house developed engine Snowdrop at Ubisoft. You will frequently interact across teams with our other artists, level designers and programmers. In this position you will be working on cross-project support with DCC tools and pipelines to deliver the best practice across multiple games.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support
- Help improve Snowdrop processes
- Develop and maintain production pipeline tools
- Document the development and update as necessary
- Creating samples and examples in Snowdrop engine and/or DCCs
- Work with the production teams to improve and automate workflows
- Handling and maintaining the art specific tools with the user feedback
What you'll bring
You are enthusiastic about technical quality and games. You are open to new ideas, and you constantly aspire to advance your work to the highest possible level by being proactive and self-motivated. As a Technical Artist you are inspired by innovative technology and clever solutions. You are constantly on the lookout for ways to enhance the visual quality, the tech behind it or the workflow to achieve it. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills, for knowledge-sharing with your team and your stakeholders. E.g. you have a combination of classical or 3D art training with good technical knowledge and a focus on games. You are interested in engine development and want to work on improving workflows and pipelines for multiple teams.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience with using and customizing DCCs for modelling, procedural content creation and/or texture creation. (We utilize Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Blender, 3Ds Max, Maya, Motionbuilder, and Photoshop)
- Programming in Python or C#
- Experience with art asset optimization techniques
- Solid game engine knowledge and experience (proprietary and/or Unreal or Unity)
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here .
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.