This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist (Temporary)
3 months ago
Job Title:Technical Artist (Temporary)
High Moon Studios - Technical Artist (Temporary)
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Technical Artist (Temporary) with a focus on performance evaluation and team support to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
- CPU and GPU performance investigation using existing profiling tools
- Provide frame rate analysis and guidance to artists
- Collate and distribute memory budgets and streaming guidelines with suggestions on best practices
- Collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Coders, Artists and Technical Artists cultivating a positive team dynamic
- Work quickly and effectively to support content creators
- Create, maintain, and improve on existing C# and/or Python proprietary pipelines
- 3+ years experience in a technical art role
- Good knowledge of real time engine and related tools
- Understanding the trade-offs between visual quality and performance
- Solid experience of tool and pipeline development
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Must be flexible and comfortable with prototyping and quick iteration
- An adaptable and continuous learner
- CS or Technical Art Degree
- Basic rigging and skinning experience
- Understanding of technical, design-based game scripting
High Moon Studios
F ounded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .