This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist, Rigging
Palo Alto, CA
8 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
Machine Zone is seeking a Technical Artist to join our Game Engineering team. This role will work closely with Art teams to help with character setup, management of assets through the pipeline. Candidates must be proficient in programming high-level scripting languages (Python preferred).
What you'll be doing:
- Skin and rig characters, creatures, vehicles and weapons in an efficient and timely manner
- Create tools and pipelines to optimize the character creation process
- Establish and promote technical best practices for content creators
- Ensure that character models have the proper structure and topology to meet technical and artistic requirements
- Work with animators to improve rigging techniques and animation tools
- Use game editor/engine tools to enhance the visual quality of character assets
- Be the first responder to our content creators when technical issues arise in both proprietary and commercial software tools
Your background and who you are:
- 2-3+ years experience as a Technical Artist or Character TD in the entertainment industry
- Understanding of anatomy, geometry and animation
- Experience with Maya rigging and weight painting
- Experience rigging a variety of different biped and quadruped characters
- Aptitude for troubleshooting animation and rigging issues
- Familiar with procedural rig building concepts/toolsets
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with technical and non-technical software users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in staying up-to-date with the latest real-time mobile technologies
- Working knowledge of Maya API
- Experience working with proprietary Game Engines
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.