Technical Artist - Rigging
Agoura Hills, CA
17 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love the technology of computer graphics, games and animation? Have experience building tools, rigs, workflows and pipeline optimizations that make the creative work of game development even more fun than it already is? If so, let’s connect—we have a job that might interest you!
We are looking for a Technical Artist (Rigging and Dynamics) to join our Tech Art team, working on an enormous roster of WWE Superstars, supporting characters and player creations. You will work on character rigs and simulations workflows and systems supporting original user creations.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game franchise with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates from all industries who have a passion for games. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain rigs (both body and facial) and skinning, for characters, clothing and props
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to drive research, workflows, and technologies for improved deformations, animation fidelity, and streamlined creation processes
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to rigs and simulations
- Build expertise, and help guide development of our workflows and toolsets
- Mentor and train artists as needed
- Fluent in Maya, Python with experience developing rigging tools
- Understanding of anatomy, kinematics and deformation
- Understanding of game engine limitations
- Knowledge of facial anatomy with FACS setup experience
- Experience with cloth and rigid/soft body physics setup for characters
- Self starter, team player, learner
- Experience researching, piloting and rolling out new techniques
- Ability to translate creative ambition and feature requests into the technical tasks required to realize them
- Video games industry experience and/or gaming familiarity
- Experience with JIRA, Perforce, PySide/PyQt
- End-to-end knowledge of game production processes, and ability to scale your role to each phase
- C#/C++/Maya API experience