Technical Artist (Rigging) - League of Legends (Contract)
Los Angeles, California, United States
10 days ago
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends , which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side by side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers, to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As part of the Technical Art, Rigging team, you will create rigs for characters and props. You will oversee tool creation and maintenance for all other art disciplines. Working closely with animation, modeling, and concept teams, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. As a support, you will be the carry behind the carry, helping hoist up art teams on the strength of your rigs and tools.
As a content-focused Rigging Technical Artist, you will dive deep on rigging characters, creatures, and props, working closely with artists of all disciplines to create game art assets. You will be an expert at working with the front end for the game engine, assisting artists in modeling, animation, and VFX. You will work with our QA Teams to squash bugs, participate in play tests, and ensure the holistic standard of art assets used in the game.
- Rig characters, creatures, and props, working closely with animators to achieve engaging in-game performance
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using
- Promote collaboration between art teams to level up content consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Be an ambassador between art disciplines and engineering
- 3+ years experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in content creation tools, particularly Maya
- Understand figure and facial anatomy
- Superb critical thinking skills
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Proficient Python programmer
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).