Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
TECHNICAL ARTIST - RIGGER
We are seeking a flexible and talented Technical Artist that excels at working with team members to create rigs that meet both animation and development needs for our diverse range of products. Candidates should be able to use existing tools to create bipedal rigs as well as be able to create custom rigs by hand for unique characters. Candidates will help to develop and maintain the character rigging and animation pipelines, as well as assist teams with other technical challenges in implementation and game development. This applicant should display a deep understanding of rigging, possess a passion for learning and problem-solving, as well as demonstrate a creative and flexible approach to various systems and platforms. Applicants may be asked to complete an art test.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to handle both technical and artistic issues as well as the ability to work in a team environment while meeting schedules and milestones.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Focus: Creating rigs and skinning 3D characters for game-play animations
- Assisting animators and engineers debug issues related to characters in-game
- Work with artists and engineers to support existing pipelines as well as adding features and/or improvements
- Other flexible responsibilities: Help define the technical standards of the game experience, guiding the development of art pipelines between our team and clients
- Provides input on the technical methods to achieve the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the game development cycle
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Unity or Unreal engine experience
- Familiarity with python
- Familiarity with artist tools creation and maintenance
- Animation experience
- At least 3 years of experience in interactive game development as a technical artist or rigger
- Functional knowledge of rigging for Unreal or Unity
- Joint based rigging and skinning in Maya
- BS/BA/BFA degree in graphic design, fine arts, animation, visual communication, CS, or similar preferred
Return to the studio's home page.
The candidate selected for this position will be subject to standard employment verification and criminal background check upon offer of contingent employment.