Technical Artist (Python) - EA SPORTS™ FC 3D Art
23 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA , we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As part of our EA SPORTS™ FC studio, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
The Technical Artist is a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA SPORTS™ FC team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Ideally at least 3 years of cinematic/games production experience.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Experience scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Knowledge of 3D art packages (Maya).
- A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!