Technical Artist: Pipeline
20 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is currently seeking a highly talented Pipeline Technical Artist focused on our varied automated/pipeline systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our game development teams, across all development disciplines, and help drive our tools technology forward to support the development of various Rockstar Games projects.
The Pipeline Technical Artist role will focus on developing, maintaining and optimizing our automated systems used across multiple projects and platforms. This work involves dealing with our production animation teams’ workflows. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique Studio in Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- Help architect, build and optimize pipelines that improve our asset and automation pipelines.
- Collaborate and communicate with various other departments, working closely with the global Technical Art team.
- Perform general script and pipeline maintenance.
- Tackle day to day requests for improvements and bug fixes.
- Work with the Technical Art and Tools team on a wide range of automation focused tasks within an established and evolving codebase.
- Design, build, improve or optimize Pipelines used by internal Rockstar teams to streamline and support production.
- Provide general Pipelines maintenance.
- Work with other Pipeline Animation team members to develop cutting-edge solutions to support increasing content production necessities.
- Python and/or C# knowledge is a prerequisite for the role.
- 3+ years of applicable professional experience as a Technical Artist/TD/Tools Programmer in videogames or film/VFX industry.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining complex workflows and pipelines.
- Experience working with pre-existing proprietary or 3rd party automation systems/processes
- Experience with setting up CI/CD systems on GitHub or GitLab platforms.
- Experience using Mongo/SQL or other non-relational/relational databases.
- Experience with Docker/Containers and orchestration (preferably Kubernetes).
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Relevant video games development experience, preferably on an AAA game.
- Experience writing APIs.
- Knowledge of ELK stack.
- Experience with Agile Scrum method.
- Experience using Motionbuilder and/or Maya as a technical artist/TD.
- Experience with FFMPEG Tool Suite or similar video/audio processing tools.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.