This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist, New Game
2 months ago
Niantic seeks a Technical Artist with creative and programming expertise to help across a variety of challenges and features in an AR-first game. You will be responsible for working with the team while using Unity and other graphics tools to merge the virtual with the real world.
- Collaborate with art, engineering, design and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems.
- Help build rapid prototypes of experimental features using Unity.
- Implement visual and gameplay related features and iterate on them to finalize product and other creative requirements.
- Help monitor performance and optimize for draw calls, CPU, and memory usage.
- Expert-level experience with Unity Game Engine (2019 and above).
- Experience in scripting with C# within the Unity environment.
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of augmented reality best practices and techniques.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, design, games-related or technical field.
- Experience or strong interest in procedural generation systems.
- Strong visual aesthetic/design sense.
- Experience collaborating within a multi-person game studio, especially in a live-game setting.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.