Technical Artist - Image Quality
16 days ago
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to provide an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
We are looking for an Experienced/Senior Technical Artist to join our Skate team to help drive visual quality and improve rendering and surfacing. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development. You will report to the Technical Art Director and work in collaboration with art direction, technical artists, engineers, and content creators on building visual targets, technology, and workflows to drive the visual development of the project and meet the visual goals set by Art Direction.
Applicants must be able to fulfill these job responsibilities:
- Implement shaders and material pipelines to cover the needs of the various content teams.
- Directly support content teams with trouble shooting or optimal use of visual features
- Work with Technical Artists, Content Creators, as well as Rendering and Tools Engineers to define and create best practices, guidelines, and solutions for achieving visual targets while meeting performance and budget requirements.
- Stay current with, and consistently exhibits a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry rendering and lighting techniques, content workflows, tools and pipelines.
- Attend planning and team meetings; Build user stories and generate time estimates for project planning.
- Be able to assisting in profiling, optimization and frontline support for content creators as needed
Ideal Applicant could also help drive:
- Research and exploration of potential methodologies and solutions to achieve the visual goals of the project.’
- Decisions related to the use of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions to support the game’s visual and content strategy goals.
- Education and Documentation of concepts relating to image quality to the rest of the game team through presentations; Audiences for which will include members of other disciplines & domains such as Art Direction, Content Creators, Engineering, Operations, and Production.
- Prototypes of new rendering and visual features, pipelines, tools & workflows in engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, and internal and external content team workflow roadmaps.
Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 5+ Years Experience as a Technical Artist working on Image Quality, Shaders & Materials, Lighting, Post FX, Rendering, Performance, and Pipelines.
- Experience leading or driving visual features, pipeline or workflows on at least 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
- Deep understanding of Shaders, Lighting, and Rendering systems.
- Working with Content Creators, Technical Artists, and Rendering Engineers to build visual targets.
- Experience with shader architecture and material libraries for products and the supporting workflows and pipelines.
- Working with external partners, teams, engine developers to co-develop tools and technology.
- Able to communicate and work together with Tools and Rendering SEs to drive technology and tool development.
- Understanding of a wide range of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high quality (i.e. make sure the output of tools is usable for games).
- Highly proficient in shader authoring and languages such as HLSL or graph based editing
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, MEL, VEX, C#, C++, is desired.
- Direct experience with one or more of: creating or polishing surfacing assets, implementing or tuning lighting or prototyping and implementing rendering features is highly desired.
- Some experience in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation and understanding of the related workflows is also valuable.