This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist III, Tools & Pipeline - VALORANT
1 month ago
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here !). As part of the Technical Art team, you will support VALORANT content creation teams as they create assets, developing tools and pipelines to help improve their workflows and remove technical barriers and inefficiencies. Working closely with content creation teams such as premium content, character, and maps teams, you will uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. As a support, you will make sure our pipeline is adapting correctly to the creative needs of the product, while also helping inform our creative direction from an art content production view.
- Design and iterate with VALORANT artists and other Tech Artist on tools and workflows that service VALORANT and use best practices
- Work with product management and engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps
- Extend and adapt product platforms to work well within the constraints of production
- Provide libraries, documentation, and guidance to technical artists as they solve production-driven problems
- Maintain existing near-term solutions until long-term solutions are incorporated
- Contribute to long-term strategy for maintaining and evolving VALORANT’s pipeline and tools
- Be the bridge between technology and art by maintaining the communication of technical progress to fellow team members and partners
- Be an available and eager mentor for other Technical Artists in their craft
- Expertise with Python and QT
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist or pipeline TD in games or related industries
- Expertise in tool development using modern pipelines for real-time
- Expertise designing and maintaining architecture of large modular systems
- Unreal C++ or python programming experience
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm for designing next-generation systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.