This job might no longer be available.
6 days ago
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne is regarded throughout the industry as a leader in delivering high-quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live service mobile games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile
We are looking for a dedicated Technical Artist to join us in developing AAA mobile games. You will work with other creative developers and report to a lead engineer.
- The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team.
- Responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. They are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team.
- Technical Artists will proactively design and develop new tools for artists and strive to improve efficiency. They will assist artists with technical issues, tools and best practices.
- At least 2 years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 1 AAA game/movie. A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python, MaxScript and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Experience in Unity or Unreal a plus.
- Expert knowledge of various DCC packages: Maya, 3ds max, Photoshop - Bonus points for Houdini, Substance Designer.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving in 3d production environments.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A passion for games!
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!