Technical Artist - Houdini (f/m/d)
14 days ago
KLANG IS A WELL-FUNDED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY THROUGH VARIOUS FORMS OF MEDIA. WE AIM TO PRESENT DEEP, MEANINGFUL SUBJECTS IN A WAY THAT'S CAPTIVATING, EASY-TO-DIGEST, AND ENTERTAINING FOR ALL AGES.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
Klang is using Houdini to generate the vast world of our game. As it expands through development, so do the demands on the pipeline. We’re looking for a Technical Artist (f/m/d) specialising in Houdini to help building the world and take ownership of growing and adapting our custom pipeline.
What you will do:
- Work with game designers, engineers, and artists on experimenting and integrating features, workflows - mainly focusing on procedurally generating game worlds for SEED
- Plan, explore, and document world generation features
- Help refine and establish art content workflow and guidelines for world creation
- Communicate with other disciplines for task planning and prioritizing
Who we think will be a great fit:
- In depth knowledge of using Houdini for games production (asset and world generation)
- Strong understanding of artistic fundamentals and art creation for games
- PDG workflow familiarity, fundamental Vex and Python knowledge
- Unity experience (map/level building, lighting, etc.)
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages such as Maya, Blender, etc.
- Understanding of Linear Algebra and Trigonometry
- Understanding of PBR workflows
- Consistent prototyping and idea validation approach
- Experience with mobile platform restrictions
- Experience with Heightfields and texture generation in Houdini
- HLSL fundamentals
- C# knowledge or experience
- Ability to write tools to facilitate Tech Animation and Animation Pipeline
- Rigging & skinning in Maya
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily - once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.