Technical Artist/Generalist, Marcom (12-month Contract)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
7 days ago
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
We are looking for a technical artist with experience in Unreal engine to join our Marketing team.
Your main responsibility will be packaging builds, tool development and technical support but will also include helping with scene assembly and game capture. You should submit a portfolio demonstrating 3D generalist and technical skills.
- Packaging builds for external vendors
- Tool development for asset management
- Maintenance and technical support for cinematic pipeline
- Environment, prop and character asset assembly in game engine
The next great Tech Artist/Generalist needs:
- You can stay organized, on task and navigate different pipelines, naming conventions, etc, while bouncing between several projects. You will work primarily with a Lead Artist, but will also find yourself communicating with several different vendors/partners and Producers.
- Strong communication skills. Ask questions when direction is unclear, communicate estimated delivery on work, and flag when there are delays.
- You look for creative solutions and clever shortcuts. A good problem solver.
- You can find your way around game engine architecture and the development tools related to Cinematic production, such as tweaking lights, editing shaders, camera work.
- Move between art tasks (scene assembly, lighting, animation) and technical tasks (build packaging, rigging, scripting).
- Unreal engine
- Scripting experience (UE4 blueprints, Python, Mel)
- 3d Generalist (animation, modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering)
- Independent/interdependent as needed
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.