Technical Artist (Frostbite)
17 days ago
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
What we are looking for
You are a Technical Artist with a passion for game engines their content creation tools and workflow pipelines. You love to solve the challenge of making tools faster and easier to use while delivering more powerful and impactful game creation solutions.
- As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
- You will work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
- You will will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite
- Use your experience to guide development of Frostbite's physics, destruction, cloth and hair simulation workflows.
You Will Need
- Experience in 3D modelling, VFX or procedural tools
- Love sharing your skills and ideas across multiple creative talent, from artists, designers to engineers, producers and product managers.
Your experience includes
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Dive into the details, solving difficult problems and sharing your discoveries
- A history working in games or film
- Work with Unity, Unreal or similar game engines.
- Design or improve workflows and defining production pipelines
- Node based visual programming
- Comfortable working with a team across multiple time zones in Europe and North America