Technical Artist - Frostbite Destruction Systems
8 days ago
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
What we are looking for
You are a Technical Artist with a passion for virtual destruction systems! You love to help develop tools that find new ways to destroy mesh assets, make them explode, shatter, crack and crumble. You can't wait to get into our Frostbite engine and make our buildings crumble under your god like powers of destruction. Your excitement and passion for this challenge inspires you to want to share your skills and discoveries with anyone and everyone who will listen. Especially our studio partners committed to this same vision.
- Collaborate directly with engineers, product team owners and content demo team to build solutions that showcase our physics systems around destruction, cloth, and rigid body physic systems.
- Work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
- Collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite
You Will Need
- Experience in 3D modeling, VFX or procedural tools
- Love sharing your skills and ideas across multiple creative talent, from artists, designers to engineers, producers and product managers.
- Did we mention the destruction part yet? That's an important passion we are looking for!
Your experience includes
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Dive into the details, solving difficult problems and sharing your discoveries
- A history working in games or film - with shipped titles to your credit
- Work with Unity, Unreal or similar game engines.
- Design or improve workflows and defining production pipelines
- 5+ years of development experience
- Comfortable working with a team across multiple time zones in Europe and North America