Technical Artist - Frostbite (Contract)
15 days ago
TECHNICAL ARTIST (Contract) - Frostbite
Estimated duration 12 months
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are looking for an accomplished Technical Animator to join the Frostbite team on a contract basis. You are, like us, passionate about making games in a collaborative environment and active engagement with our community. You will learn our animation workflows, putting them to the test and providing feedback on workflows and tools we are building.
Reporting to a Technical Director, you will…
- Become a master of EA's proprietary Frostbite Animation System.
- Engage with the animation community at EA to gather feedback and understand the main animation and cinematic workflows
- Validate the quality of the animation engine during each release cycle
- Work with the Frostbite engineers to ensure the tools we build have high usability and quality standards
- Create documentation and tutorials of the animation systems
- Help produce demo material to showcase our latest developments
- Provide inputs to the future direction of the animation system
You will work with the technical animators across the company for the duration of the contract. This is a perfect opportunity to learn how animation is done for different genres of AAA titles at EA.
- 1+ years of technical animation experience
- An understanding of animation principles and anatomy
- Hunger to learn from expert users in the animation community
- Experience in usability testing
- Proficiency in standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience diagnosing problems in a game engine
- Experience working as a technical animator on AAA titles
- Working knowledge of Maya or MotionBuilder
- Passion for video games
- Experience with motion capture
- You enjoy being able to identify problems and resolve them.