Technical Artist - EA Sports Technology (Tool Development)
18 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL Football, FC soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
EA SPORTS Tech provides specialized technology teams working on modern character motion, content pipelines and workflows, machine learning, game security, dev ops, as well as long lead feature and technology development for all EA SPORTS titles. As part of EA SPORTS Tech, the Technical Art Team helps push visual boundaries and experiences for our players. We invest in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. We combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
The Technical Artist develops pipelines, workflows, and technology innovations used by content creators across all of EA SPORTS. As part of a central team of Technical Artists, they partner with development teams to build shared and scalable solutions. The main areas of responsibilities include development of content production tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and workflows. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their projects and bring them to resolution.
You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA SPORTS Tech - Technical Art team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 4 years of cinematic or games production experience.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#. (C++ is a bonus).
- Experience with 2D/3D art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Houdini.
- A solutions provider, especially as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!