Technical Artist - Developer Relations
Seoul, South Korea Korea, Republic of
12 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for an Technical Artist in Seoul. You will use various modeling and texturing tools as well as the Unreal Engine to set a new standard for artistic excellence by collaborating and delivering excellent textured assets.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
1. Working closely with clients to provide development support, troubleshooting and custom development
2. Understanding optimization challenges and having the ability to use and share techniques to overcome those challenges
3. Providing creative solutions, resolving technical challenges and enabling customers to achieve their goals
4. Identifying bottlenecks and limitations in the pipeline and tools and development
5. Documenting recommendations to improve limitations in pipeline and tools
6. Providing clear and constructive feedback to product management when identifying recurring needs
7. Problem solving
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
1. Strong scripting and plug-in writing skills，and HLSL or shader programming experience or Python, C++ is a plus
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of customers
3. Solid understanding of one or several components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor and Shader, Blueprints, Animation, Scene Building, Sequencer, Lighting etc.
3. Continuously staying up to date on relevant technologies such as PBR and Photo-Realistic rendering, VR, Real Time Gaming, DCC Tools etc.
5. Knowledge of game engines ideally with another vertical (VR, Architecture, Engineering, Broadcasting, Manufacturing, TV or Film Production)
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability), retirement savings plan, EAP (employee assistance program), meals and transportation.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.