Technical Artist - Create
12 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams are comprised of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors worldwide. We combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion.
Technical Artists at EA and their team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows.
The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. Technical Artists are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA Create Technical Art team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience . You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired .
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to debugging technical issues.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!