This job might no longer be available.
Technical Artist Co-Op - BioWare
19 days ago
Technical Artist - BioWare
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and shader development.
- Tech Artists are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python. (C++ or C# are a bonus, but is not required).
- Some knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages, such as Maya and Photoshop. Houdini and Substance Designer/Painter knowledge is a bonus.
- An aptitude for problem-solving, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online presentation. All presentations must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for.
Please apply with as many examples of the following as you can:
- Tools and pipeline work. Provide scripts and/or code samples e.g. exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of screenshots. Include any relevant code.
- Examples of 3D graphics in areas such as modeling, animation, lighting, visual effects, and shading.
- Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.