Technical Artist (Cloths)
16 days ago
JOB TITLE: Technical Artist (Cloths)
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic or Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Lead Character TD
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to help create and maintain dynamic cloth assets, proactively identify new technologies, develop tools and creatively solve pipeline issues. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations of engine and hardware and expectations
- Work with Art, Design, VFX, and Animation to understand the content needs of the game
- Work with content creators and engineers to develop innovative tools and pipelines to advance the state of real-time technical art
- Create dynamic cloth assets for our project using Unreal Engine
- Streamline and standardize cloth pipeline for characters and environment assets
- Create visually stunning effects and behaviors for interactive assets
- Create other highly technical game content
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field
- At least one released title on the current or previous console generation, preferably AAA
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python
- Strong knowledge of one of the major 3D Modelling package, preferably Maya
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Up-to-date knowledge of “next-gen” game art currently leading in the market
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A good eye for real-life cloth deformations and behavior
Other recommended Skills:
- Experience in rigging and animation
- Knowledge of C++ would be a strong benefit
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Familiar with Perforce
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com, hangar13games.com and 2kczech.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.