Technical Artist: Camera Tools
6 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for an experienced and passionate Technical Artist focused on building Camera Tools to help assist and develop new technology for future titles as well as improve on existing technology, tools, and pipelines. You will also be on-set, working on time-dependent issues should they arise.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of game, film or VFX industry experience in a similar role working in at least one of the typical “industry-standard” DCC packages (such as Motionbuilder or Maya), possess a good foundation and core knowledge of object-oriented programming, and a strong background working on tools.
In addition, it is important that you work well in a highly cooperative environment. This position involves working together with many others in different roles, and the ability to work collaboratively as a trustworthy member of the team is essential.
WHAT WE DO
- Work closely with our camera and mocap teams to help maintain and develop tools requested by the teams.
- Maintain and diagnose issues with automation pipelines focused on the camera team’s capture workflow.
- Interact with members from other departments to help troubleshoot playback of performance capture issues.
- Work on live motion capture situations, troubleshooting issues that may arise providing support and resolving camera issues.
- Maintain and diagnose issues with automation pipelines focused on the camera team’s workflow.
- Test out new technologies building support tools that can integrate into the capture workflow.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create new tools and improve pipelines.
- Help maintain and build on the existing camera tools and technology pipeline.
- Provide on-set, time dependent, support for motion capture.
- Develop automated solutions to help process large amounts of data more efficiently.
- Stay current with and research new technology solutions.
- Create production tools to support new pipelines and future tech.
- Write documentation for pipelines/tools created.
- Experience using 3D DCC software (Motionbuilder and/or Maya preferred).
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Familiarity with coding PySide/Qt.
- Experience creating tools for artists
- Experience using source control software (i.e. Perforce, Git).
- Enthusiasm for R&D/future tech development.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Experience with motion capture
- Solid foundation in math (specifically 3D math).
- C#/C++ programming skills.
- Experience using MongoDB/SQL.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.