Technical Artist #1155
14 days ago
Please note that vaccination is not considered to be fully in effect until 14 days after the 2nd shot. There is also a 3-4 week waiting period between the 1st and 2nd shot.
Contract Length: 12 months, extension possible
Work Location: Local Hybrid in Greater Seattle Area (working remotely, but may need to be onsite periodically)
Work Hours: Fulltime
Our client, 343 Industries is looking for an experienced and passionate Technical Artist to work on Halo Infinite. They are looking for a solid team player with excellent communication skills who can work closely with lighting artists and engineers, and also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will need to be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and technical briefs and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Utilize scripted systems and game editor to achieve specific lighting state goals for the player experience, including time of day and networked play.
- Collaborate with lighting artists to define, implement and document scripted lighting content.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain functionality.
- Playtest, debug and iterate to ensure quality and robustness of scripted lighting systems.
- Help drive improvements for future scripted lighting content.
- Interest in working as a lighting artist creating real time lighting content for the game.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians .
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues
- Internet data is at a high or unlimited cap
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours
- Candidates must provide a screenshot of their speed test result
- If candidate does not currently meet the network requirement:
- Candidate is committing to meeting the network requirement by their start date if an offer is received and mutually accepted
- Internet upgrade reimbursement eligibility criteria and guidelines are available for reference
- Strong experience with scripted systems such as Lua or Python.
- Experience with real-time game engines and editors such as Unreal, Unity or proprietary tools.
- Understanding of CG lighting technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Network-related scripting experience specifically related to co-op/multiplayer.
- Experience with C++
- Interest or experience working as a Lighting artist in games.
- Visual portfolio of artwork would also be a big plus, but is not a hard requirement for this role.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits