Technical Art Intern
3 days ago
Technical Art Intern
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars™ Jedi: Survivor, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
Role Overview: Technical Artists are the bridge between art and programming departments and have the capability to understand the nuances of art creation and technical code. They demonstrate technical proficiency in basic 3D concepts and have experience in both art and programming. As a Technical Artist Intern, you will be an individual contributor on a central technical art team supporting the technical delivery of art across a distributed production environment.
- You will partner with peers on Tech Art team and with project Tech Art Director to support game and studio vision, provide/receive feedback, and improve with the goal of creating performant assets of high visual quality and technologies that move EA into the future.
- You will collaborate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, looking to understand issues and requirements and offer support.
- You will assess, design, implement, and maintain art creation pipelines/workflows that meet artist needs and increase productivity for content creators.
- You will learn and familiarize yourself with multiple technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired) and experience in scripting and programming (Python and C# desired).
- Foundational experience with (and technical proficiency in) 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, physically-based shading, lighting, rigging, skinning and deformation, dynamics (i.e. cloth and hair), particle systems, and image manipulation techniques.
- Basic familiarity with game engine workflows (i.e. Unity, Unreal), asset pipelines and profiling, and revision control systems.
You must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2024. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor's, Master's, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.HOURLY PAY RANGES • California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $25 - $38 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $24 - $26 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $30 - $38 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $25 - $35 • Jersey City, NJ : º $30 - $38The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k). Interns in California are also eligible for Voluntary Disability Insurance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.