This job might no longer be available.
Technical Art Director
14 days ago
Location: Shanghai, China
Report to: Studio Technical Art Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams are comprised of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers, and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows.
What the Associate Technical Art Director will do:
You are a lead in the Technical Art team. While part of the art team, they are a bridge between the artists, engineers, and designers. You will oversee large projects which can include entire game areas/domains. As a contributor, you are an expert in the technical art field with main responsibilities including art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization, visual scripting/logic (“schematics”) and shader development. You are are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This will often include delegating to junior staff on the team. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background. However, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. You report to the Studio Technical Art Director for EA Create Shanghai.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 6 years of cinematic/games production experience and have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- You are experienced leading teams of 5+ people.
- You have a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field.
- You worked with different audiences: artists, engineers, and managers.
- You are proficient in scripting/programming in python and C#. C++ is a bonus.
- You have expert knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages. Maya and Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer is a bonus.
- You are a solutions-provider with focus on developing techniques to meet quality targets with difficult technical constraints.
- You are experienced in asset optimization.
- You are to jump into the unknown and solve new problems and can think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- You have passion for Games!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.