Technical Art Director - Unpublished R&D Product
11 days ago
As a Technical Art Director, you will lead and define the technical art needs across all of the different creative and technical teams on a game product. You will partner with the Art Director to inform on best practices and pipelines, workflow, and asset production so artists can work efficiently and without technical hurdles in production. Additionally, you will work with fellow Technical Art Directors across the studio to ensure healthy and consistent best practices and support across the discipline.
As a Technical Art Director on a Research and Development project team, you will work closely with the Art Director to architect, innovate, and uphold the technical quality of an early-stage project’s content/asset generation pipeline. You will also ensure that the project’s artists and technical artists have the proper tools and support needed to help bring new worlds and characters to life. You report directly to the Art Director.
- Communicate a cohesive vision and standard for artistic workflows and pipelines
- Amplify artistic capabilities while maintaining efficient and sustainable memory and performance
- Lead teams in identifying new opportunities to incorporate technology to increase art workflow efficiency and unlock new creative opportunities
- Manage a team of technical artists and technical art leads including through performance and growth opportunities
- Work with recruiting and art leadership to establish and support the growth, staffing, and resource allocation of the technical art discipline over time
- Work with IT and other technical organizations across the company to ensure alignment and support for product
- Partner with other Technical Art Directors at the studio to develop a cohesive vision and shared standards across the discipline
- Partner closely with outsourcing studios/vendors regarding shared tools
- 10+ years of professional experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- 4+ years of professional management experience
- Experience with 3D math and computer graphic design
- Expertise with Maya, game engines, and scripting in Python and HLSL
- Experience with and commitment to building long-term maintainable, testable, portable, and stable systems
- Experience building strategic visions and working within leadership in large organizations
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between art and engineering
- Familiarity with pipeline toolsets for lighting, shaders, and content optimization
- Experience translating artistic requirements to sustainable workflow design
- Experience developing pipelines for Unity
- Experience with the technical requirements for a variety of game platforms
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.