This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Technical Architect to join an unannounced project within our Max Division!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the development stages on one of our new unannounced projects, and are looking for passionate game makers to collaborate, get in early and make their mark on this exciting venture!
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Technical Architect will set the standard for technical work on the game and will be the advocate of technical excellence on the development team. Having strong knowledge of various game technologies for both client and server, the successful candidate will also be responsible for selecting and promoting appropriate technologies for the game that is entering pre-production. Responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Engineering Director to design and implement the systems and infrastructure to support and maintain a live mobile game
- Perform technical investigations, identifying technical risks, and working with production to assist in scoping and estimating projects
- Leverage existing studio knowledge, technology, and expertise to accelerate development
- Participate in the mentorship and growth of engineering staff. Focus on providing technical coaching, skill development, and knowledge sharing within the team
- Advocate and championing technical quality and processes. Identifying, documenting, and promoting best practices while balancing productivity with continuous quality
- Maintain positive and open relationships with technology teams within Scopely to enhance the use of shared technologies
- Maintain regular internal communications to encourage a healthy team culture
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience in the games industry and preferably 2+ years in a similar role
- Excellent ability to communicate and clearly articulate technical issues
- Deep understanding of Unity Engine systems (especially on mobile platforms)
- Expert knowledge of C#/.NET framework
- Experience evaluating and utilizing 3rd party tools/SDKs within Unity
- Experience building Unity Editor tools for cross-discipline use
- Experience architecting large systems according to best practice design principles/patterns
- Development experience on live mobile games (especially constraints and optimizations for mobile devices, IAP systems, and platform-specific knowledge)
- Experience with client/server architecture including Network APIs (REST/HTTP), liveops systems, databases/caching, and analytics
- Experience monitoring/maintaining technical quality utilizing a variety of methods (code reviews, TDD/Unit testing, log monitoring and reporting)
- Familiarity with CI/CD and build systems/pipelines
- Strong English language skills are required for this role as we have a highly diverse and global business
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and should you require accommodations during the application process please contact our Talent Coordinator team at Interview-Accomodations@scopely.com .
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.