Technical Animator (f,m,d)
13 days ago
As a Technical Animator you will work on the animation pipeline, implementing animations for characters, weapons and props. You will work closely with the animation team, artists and engineers to support the animation production and to bring the characters to life in the game world.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with animators and animation programmers to implement animation assets into the game engine
- Set up and maintain animation systems and state machines for characters, weapons and props
- Optimize animation systems to match the technical constraints of the project and to improve performance and flexibility
- Develop Python tools for the animation pipeline
- Support the animators by identifying roadblocks and solving technical problems in the animation production
- Create and maintain documentation of animation systems, tools and engine workflows for consultation and future reference
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience and knowledge of:
- Game Engines, animation systems and state machines
- implementing animation assets in game engines
- industry standard animation tools (Maya or Motionbuilder)
- Python scripting and programming
- Excellent understanding of animation pipelines and technical constraints
- Excellent knowledge of Human Anatomy and motion
- Ability to identify and optimize bottlenecks within the animation pipeline
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- for technical and non-technical audience
- Great communication skills, and a proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate constructively with positivity and respect for others
- Good English verbal skills, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of C++ (be able to read and understand engine source code)
- Rigging and Animation experience
- Experience with 3DsMax and Blender
- 2+ years as a Technical Animator or relevant experience with significant involvement with at least 1 published title
What you get:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 'care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
Founded in 2018, Ubisoft Berlin has steadily grown to over 150 talented game developers. We collaborate on Far Cry 6 alongside international Ubisoft teams, and are also working on Skull & Bones – those are just two of our slate of projects, the others still to be announced.
We take an ambitious but humble approach to our goal of bringing AAA development to Germany. We commit ourselves to excellence: delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that make our players feel part of the worlds we have created.
We encourage real ownership within our teams – giving lots of trust and space for them to explore their creativity. The ultimate goal being to leave a positive mark in the lives of our players and the industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and exciting cities in the world!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.