5 days ago
Ubisoft Milan is looking for a Technical Animator to be involved in the production of a prestigious triple-A title.
The Technical Animator will join the Tech Animation team and will collaborate closely with the Animation and Art Team to ensure they are creating the high-quality content with the tools and assets provided and that the pipelines are as efficient as possible.
- Support the integration of animation into the game engine;
- Act as a bridge between Animation and Tech to guide and validate game features and technologies;
- Develop or find the best possible tools and methods in order to improve and assist the Animators and Artists in their work;
- Interact and collaborate with different teams (the art team, designers and programmers) to fulfill tasks according to production plan;
- Maintain and test animation tools and pipelines;
- Develop progressive techniques and process to solve character and animation challenges;
- Create plug-ins and / or scripts to automate tasks;
- Test work in-game to provide feedback and suggestions;
- Train animators (in workflow, tools and anything else surrounding implementation of animation assets into the game-engine);
- Provide constant technical support (of the tools and engine to the animation team and communicate regularly the technical restrictions and their rationale).
- Proven technical animation experience on videogames, at least one shipped title;
- Very good expertise in rigging and skinning assets;
- Good understanding of animation principles and anatomy;
- Understanding of technical implementations and limitations;
- Scripting skills (MEL/Python/MAXScript etc.)
- Experience with animation rigs, physics rigs
In order to consider your application, please send us a link to your portfolio/showreel.
The position is based in Milan (Italy) and requires working onsite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft’s 19 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.