18 days ago
Your life at Ubi
You will have an important role in one of our unannounced AAA games and you will have the opportunity to work with some of our best experts in the industry. As a Technical Animator, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, pipelines and processes used by the animation team.
Your main mission:
- Develop, test, and maintain complex animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required;
- Provide technical support on the animation tools and editor to the team;
- Assist in the design, integration, and validation of animation assets;
- Learn all required features and functions of the animation system editor and tools;
- Participate in and supervise integration of the animation assets into the game engine;
- Collaborate to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic and gameplay constraints;
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
The professional value you bring:
- Strong practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors and technologies;
- Experience in animation department, preferred with at least one shipped title in this role;
- Animation skills and understanding of animation principles;
- Enthusiastic, methodical, and organized approach to work with high quality standards;
- Able to document and explain team’s work, clearly and concisely;
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder, 3DS Max, Maya and/or similar packages and adapt to new animation tools;
- Knowledge to setup biped & non-bipeds (animals/creatures, objects etc.) to be ready for animation in game engines, and related animation technologies;
- Proactive in identifying, finding & proposing solutions to complex animation issues;
- Implement/integrate the animation & debug them in game engine.
We consider a plus:
- Experience working with motion capture.
The personal value you bring:
- Ability to work flexibly, accept and give feedback and adapt to change;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team;
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Be adaptable, approachable and positive in the workplace;
- Mathematical and logical mindset.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry.From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.