This job might no longer be available.
Bromley, United Kingdom
7 months ago
About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We’re looking for a Technical Animator to join our team at Splash Damage and help bring our characters to life. As a Technical Animator at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with a team of animators, artists and technical artists in developing and maintaining our rigging, tools and workflow processes.
- Learn how our current animation/rigging systems works
- Rigging/skinning a varied selection of humanoid characters as well as props
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of Maya, 3D Max or equivalent software
- UE4 experience
- +3 years working on pc or console videogames
- Have a relevant portfolio demonstrating and showcasing examples of rigging and skinning
- Good eye for animation
- Great communication and people management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, highly motivated and proactive with a CAN-DO attitude
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working with mocap data
- Facial animation setups
- Good knowledge of scripting languages: Python, MaxScript, MEL, etc…
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page.