11 months ago
Playground Games are seeking a Technical Animator to join our Forza Horizon team who will help realise our games vision and work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of rigging and deformation, while contributing to the development our internal animation pipeline.
As a Technical Animator, you’ll work with the animation and engineering teams to devise solutions and workflows, creating rigs for animators and high-fidelity deformation for assets. Your analytical ability and planning skills will help the studio develop tools for the future to support character and animation production.
- A good eye for anatomy and silhouette
- Strong knowledge and experience of rigging methods and deformation in Maya and/or 3DS Max
- Motivated, creative and able to utilise own initiative to implement solutions and improvements to internal processes
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your animation rigs and rigging tool development for games
- Ability to code with Python and/or Maxscript
- Experience creating state machines and an understanding of runtime IK solutions
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games within an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.