This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Technical Animator
Irvine CA 92618 US
4 months ago
Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market by opening a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has an ever expanding worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and boasts a diverse global portfolio that includes titles like MapleStory, Dungeon Fighter Online, and many more. If you want to be part of building an exciting game company and help chart the course of a brand new development studio, let’s talk!
In this role, you’ll be a key part of bringing our characters to life by helping own and drive our animation pipeline. You’ll create rigs and tools to empower animators, work closely between departments to solve problems and collaborate with the art team to build smart, scalable systems. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on AAA titles.
What to expect at your new gig:
- Work with multiple departments as necessary to complete tasks
- Take animations from conceptualization to shipping with minor direction
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department
- Come up with innovative ways to solve problems quickly to unblock other teams
- Be a jack of all trades when necessary to generate the largest impact
- Make Animations optimized for performance as well as quality
- Expertise in 3D animation software including Maya
- Tool creation and support using Mel or Python Scripting
- Strong character animation skills with an ability to key frame realistic, and exaggerated human motion
- Ability to work in a highly iterative environment tweaking timing and animations to suit gameplay
- Clear and concise communication and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Motion Capture cleanup experience
- 5+ Years of experience in Animation
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- Motion Capture Experience
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal