(inXile entertainment is an Xbox Game Studio led by Brian Fargo. We specialize in deep, reactive, and narrative-focused RPGs, but also love exploring other genres. Our studio is filled with passionate developers who love making games, and playing them.
inXile Entertainment, a Microsoft game studio, is seeking a Technical Animator to work with our outstanding development team. This position will help create and build upon our next generation animation system, tools and pipeline. You will work with a talented core team of passionate and committed individuals on creative and large scale projects. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with realistic Motion Capture and collaborate with talented engineers in a friendly, inclusive environment that fosters collaboration, fun and learning.
- Work with Animation engineers and Animators to bridge the gap between the technical & artistic
- Motion capture editing and hand key animation on various characters / creatures
- Work closely with the team to sort out technical animation issues
- Strong knowledge of key frame animation and the understanding of body mechanics and principles.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animations in unreal engine
- Iterate or provide feedback on animations implemented in engine to help them function better with internal systems
- Identify animation or anim implementation problems and work with engineers to solve them
- Iterate with designers, engineers and animators to make the best game possible
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Animation or a similar competitive program.
- Production experience on current generation console and/or PC.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in animation for cinematic or equivalent.
- Exceptional skill in animating, especially characters, with a focus on motion capture.
- Exceptional knowledge of Unreal animations solutions
- Expert understanding of Motion Builder and Maya.
- Expert knowledge of unreal blueprints including importing animations, dealing with compression, blendspaces, additives, and montages.
- Hand key animation knowledge required. (though most motion for the project will be motion capture)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with artists, designers and programmers.
- Superb problem-solving skills and the ability to make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Strong understanding of development issues involved in getting animations into a game.
- A passion for game development.
(These are desirable skills and are not required but highly valued)
- Proven industry experience as an animator on at least one AAA title.
- Previous experience working on an RPG.
- Unreal blueprint variable and advance editing
- Experience working with Motion Matching systems