15 days ago
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to strongly demonstrate the potential of the platform, by producing a variety of playable demos, and technical showcases.
The technical animation team defines and implements the systemic processes and pipelines by which the animation content of the project is developed. You collaborate with all disciplines to drive the project's animation focused tools and pipelines in a manner both efficient and technically correct.
Areas of Impact
- Extensive experience with Maya or similar 3D package.
- Mastery of scripting languages (Python / MEL preferred).
- Experience with Motion Builder a plus.
- Experience working with mocap data and an interest in procedural animation systems a plus.
- Unreal Engine or other commercial game engines experience a definite plus.
We'd like to hear from you
- Passionate about playing games.
- Ability to communicate well verbally across disciplines.
- Demonstrable skillset through an online portfolio.
- Desire to mentor younger team members.
- Senior applicants: experience as a technical animator on at least 2 published console / PC titles.
- Junior / Graduate applicants: no published titles required, development experience a plus.
- Junior / Graduate candidates may be asked to demonstrate their ability through a technical test.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.