This job might no longer be available.
15 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Technical Animator will do at BioWare:
- Work with our concept artists character artists, animators, and other technical animators to produce industry-leading characters, creatures and mechanical props for BioWare.
- Work with our programmers and other technical animators to produce animation tools, rigging solutions and workflows for captured and hand-keyed animation.
- Prototype and implement procedural animation systems such as facial animation, destruction, cloth, and hair.
- Work with the design, character art, animation, and outsourcing teams.
- Debugging and support of animation systems and tools.
- You will report to the Technical Director.
- 4+ years of experience in the industry.
- Experience with animation principles, anatomy, and deformation.
- Experience with motion capture and retargeting.
- Proficient in standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya.
- Experience working with procedural rigging systems.