This job might no longer be available.
Los Angeles California United States
3 months ago
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are seeking a Technical Animator, to play a crucial role in tying together gameplay and storytelling through the use of character movement and is eager to join us in our drive to push quality to the next level for an unannounced AAA title.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for building complex character rigs, creating prototypes, and delivering high-quality rigging and skinning.
Work task examples:
- Character skeletal rigging and deformation systems
- Secondary and procedural systems such as dynamic joints, cloth simulation, ragdolls
- Animation retargeting and animation pipeline evolution
- Tools development, training, and documentation for the animation team
- Expert knowledge of rigging and skinning (body and facial), performance capture processes and data manipulation, in-game animation systems and methodologies
- High level of expertise with at least two of the leading 3D applications (Maya, 3DSMax, Softimage, Houdini, MotionBuilder)
- Experience creating applications and tools with C# or C++ is a bonus
- Understanding of modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, dynamics and particle systems
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio or show reel.