14 days ago
Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a Character Animator to create appealing and engaging creatures and player animations for the New World Team. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. As the Character Animator, you will collaborate with Animation Team, Art Team, and Design Team, help maintain or develop workflows, and create amazing animation to delight our customers. You’ll use a combination of key frame animation and motion capture techniques to bring characters to life. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
What you will do:
· Work closely with art leads to execute the cinematic vision of the game.
· Must have a deep understanding of the cinematic technical setup, scripting, camera and character/creature animation to deliver cutting edge cinematic storytelling.
· Works effectively and collaboratively across all functional disciplines of the team.
· Accountable for delivery of assets, ensuring that they meet the highest quality, defined objectives, and scheduled requirements
· Able to follow direction and react to critiques in a timely manner
· Collaborate with the concept, character, animation and tech art teams.
· Increase the team’s skills through mentorship of skills, process and artistic techniques.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 3 + years of experience with high-end game engine, including cinematic pipelines, camera work, and game integration.
· 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
· 3 + years of experienced in game development as an artist specializing in character / creature using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Mudbox or Marvelous designer.
· Online Portfolio demonstrating cinematic and character art skills
· Excellent time management and work discipline.
· Experience working with outsourcing
· Skill in another art-related fields – Illustration, painting, technical art
· Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques
· Strong portfolio including examples of strong cinematic design sensibilities and attention to detail.
· Solid knowledge of next generation asset creation pipelines, tools, software.
· Strong grasp of cinematic visual language.
· Proven ability to learn new tools and techniques.
· Able to accurately estimate the time to complete individual tasks.
· Passion for making and playing great games.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.