Technical Animator (Temporary) - BioWare
10 days ago
Technical Animator (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Develop rigs for our characters, creatures and props.
- Develop our animation tools and pipelines.
- Maintain our animation tools and pipelines.
- Help establish animation workflows and conventions.
- Prototype and implement procedural animation systems such as facial animation, destruction, cloth, and hair.
- Work with our design, character art, animation, and outsourcing teams.
- Debugging and support of animation systems and tools.
- You will report to the Lead Technical Animator.
- 2+ years of technical animation experience .
- Experience in rigging and skinning assets.
- An understanding of animation principles and anatomy.
- Experience with motion capture and retargeting.
- Proficient in standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya.
- Candidate can identify problems and resolve them.
- Experience with scripting in python
- Experience with C++ and plugin authoring
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects /tasks.
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and professional artwork.