Technical Animator (Star Wars Team)
2 months ago
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! Learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We’re looking for a passionate and highly-skilled Technical Animator, who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. Reporting to the Lead Technical Animator, the Technical Animator will balance both technical and creative needs to support the team’s goals of creating amazing animation, art, and gameplay. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about building tools and rigs, ensuring an efficient pipeline, and supporting the efforts of all development departments beyond just animation.
What you'll do....
- Rigging and skinning of characters and props.
- Develop and maintain rigging and animation pipelines, tools, and workflows, while keeping detailed records and documentation.
- Support the animation team by troubleshooting rig and other technical issues in Maya and the game engine.
- MEL/Python scripting in Maya.
- Provide timely and actionable feedback to the modeling team to facilitate efficient hand-off of assets for rigging.
- Maintain excellent communication with other team members.
- Seek to constantly raise the quality bar, develop solutions, and work with the Animation and Art Departments to streamline processes.
Ideally, you'll have....
- 2+ years’ game industry experience working on the technical side of Animation and Art in games.
- A portfolio consisting of technical animation work that you've developed yourself from concept to finish - ideally including rigs, animation tools, scripts, and/or any pipeline work that you can share.
- Experience in Maya scripting (MEL/Python.)
- Extensive rigging experience using Maya.
- A keen eye for proper skin deformation.
- Experience working with both key frame animation and motion capture data.
- Extensive experience implementing character skeleton animation and simulation systems in Unreal Engine.
- A strong understanding of video game development pipelines.
- Self-direction and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team.
- Experience supporting the development efforts of real time animations in a game engine.
- Experience on one or more shipped title(s).
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks.